Monday, November 24, 2008

My 7 days of THANKS countdown - #3!

Can you believe it? We're only a few short days out from Thanksgiving, wow!

The thing that I am most thankful for today, you ask? How about... Quirky Kid Comments - LOL! You now the ones...just something small and out of the blue that comes out of the mouths of your children when you least expect it and the moment always puts a smile on your face and a warm memory in your heart. :) Here are a few of my favorites...
  • The other day Aaron was walking down that hall and made a comment to our youngest daughter Alyssa about the game she was playing on the Wii. I think he asked her how much money she had or something along those lines. She paused, looked up at him and said, "Well, I just paid off my Mortgage." and when I overheard this from the other room I had to bust out laughing...LOL! Have you ever heard of a 9 year old saying that to her parents?! LOL
  • I love it when my girls sing lyrics from songs and totally botch the words...LOL. For example, my middle daughter, Becca, use to sing Alanis Morrisettes song "You Learn" by replacing the word "Learn" with the word "NERD"...LOL!! Alyssa would sing the song title "Move Along" by The All American Rejects as "Mow the lawn" - (she still gets angry when we sing it that way, too...hehehe!) And Stephanie, my oldest, use to sing "go BAllA" instead of "Go Paula" in one of Paula Abduls 90s hits...LOL! So of course, to this day, we sing all of these songs this way whenever they come on the radio. :)
  • One time my parents, oldest daugher and I were in the car going somewhere and we were talking about fog on the coast. Stephanie went on to tell us this big story about how she heard on the news that on the other side of the water (off the Oregon Coast) there is a guy that has a fog machine and that is how fog is created and yadda yadda yadda. Um, yeah...LOL! Funnier, yet...she was like 18 when she told us this story. Hahaha!!
Anyways...I could go on with tons and tons more stories but I'll save them for another time. ;) I would love to hear some of the crazy quirks you have heard your kids bust out with, though. :)

~*Stampily Yours*~ Shannon Buck! :)~

0 comments: