Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today we were in Malta

Today was a good day! We got up bright and early to see the ship pull into Malta because we kept hearing how beautiful it would be...and it was! So worth getting up early for!

We didn't have any shore excursions planned today so we just gathered with a group of friends and set out on foot to explore the city. We walked all over the place! Even found a cafe that served fabulous lunchtime pastries for only $.42 (Euros)! Can you believe that?! FORTY TWO CENTS! That's like less than a dollar in US money even! LOL

This evening we had a Close To My Heart function...meaning we ate dinner as one large group in the dining room. Pam and Scot sat at our table as did Suz and her friend Kim. We had a great time laughing and telling stories. It was great to see Suz again. I'm pretty much bumping into her on the ship at least once a day and she is having a ball! I'm so glad she was able to come on this awesome vacation with us and Close To My Heart!

This evening we went to the show on the ship (which wasn't very good in my opinion) and then we decided to hot tub on the top deck as we viewed the straights (I know Sicily was on one side but I'll have to get out a map to see what was on the other side...LOL. Geography isn't one of my strong points...LOL) It was pretty cool and lots of fun!

Well, off I go. Only about 5 hours until I need to get up again. :( Mornings are coming way to fast at this point...LOL!

~ *Stampily Yours* ~ Shannon! :)

0 comments: