Thursday, October 9, 2008

Rome in a day...

Pam & Scot and Aaron & I visited Rome today where we were able to see the Coliseum (is that how you spell it? It doesn’t look right…lol!) Anyways, we didn’t book a tour but decided to trek it through the countryside Amazing Race style. Cool, eh?

We bussed to the nearest train station, bought tickets for the train (from a very, VERY RUDE lady I might add!) and then from there we had to take their tube system all the way to the Coliseum steps. Let's just say it ain't no LONDON TUBE...LOL We were in awe once we got there, though! The Coliseum is so HUGE and Magnificent!

We were just going to walk around the outside but instead grabbed tickets with a tour guide and were able to get right inside without waiting in the hour long line. I, personally, couldn’t hear the tour guide very well but I did pick up bits and pieces. We were even given time to explore the grounds on our own which was way cool, too. Fun to run into other Consultants while we were there, as well!

We decided to trek it back early because we are just exhausted from everything we’ve been doing. Took about a 2 hour nap and then got showered up for the CTMH dinner. We sat with a great group of people and laughed a lot! Afterwards we went to one of the cruise ship productions and then off to the hot tub. I should’ve taken a pictures (darn it!) because we had about 7 people in a 4-person hot tub. LOL

Tomorrow we are off on a CTMH tour to see the leaning tower of Pisa. That should be fun.

Also, as of tonight I can’t get any photos to upload. BUMMER! Again, I’m zonked but I will try to do my best within the next few days. ☺

~ *Stampily Yours* ~ Shannon! ☺

0 comments: