Friday, October 31, 2008

The importance of Friendship

What is a friend?
By dictionary standards its: a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.

Ever since arriving back home from my wonderful vacation I have been missing my CTMH friends soooo much. It's such a bummer to have all of my favorite friends living in different areas across the States and Canada which prevents us from getting together whenever we feel like it to go shopping, do lunch, or just hit the nearby Starbucks for a latte and a chat. I only get to see my friends once or twice a year which makes it very hard...but when I do get to spend time with them I absolutely have the time of my life. :)

I received a very heartfelt email this morning from a favorite friend from my past. It sounds like she's not doing so well in her life and so for her to take the time to get in touch and really open up her feelings to me really meant a lot! This is one friendship that I have really hoped would come back full swing over the years and so now that the door of opportunity is opening I am hoping that I can be the everything that she needs me to be. :)

I also had the opportunity to reconnect with my best friend from grade school! How cool is that...I'm so excited!! She is doing well, married, has 3 little girls, and (of course) lives no where close to me...LOL...figures! I am very excited to be able to reconnect with her again after all of these year and while I know that things will never be the same between us it does give me a very comforting feeling to know that she is back in my life and we'll have the rest of our lives to walk through the many wonderful memories that we shared together. :)

Recently, I had a friend close the door on our friendship which is never a fun situation to be in. Its even harder when the door shuts unexpectedly and you are left wondering what exactly went wrong and are helpless as to how to fix things. I'm hoping that with time there can be a mending process but as it sits right now the situation is completely out of my hands. :(

Do you have friendships worth celebrating in your life? What about friendships that need to be mended? As we turn the calendar and head into the holidays I want to encourage you to make FRIENDSHIP an important part of your heartfelt gift giving this year. That doesn't mean that you need to run out and buy a gift...just give the gift of friendship, a blessing that everyone enjoys. :) Not only will you be touching the heart of a friend but you will be nourishing your own heart and the happiness in your soul. :)

I hope everyone has a very safe and happy halloween, too. :)

~*Stampily Yours*~ Shannon Buck! :)

0 comments: