Saturday, March 14, 2009

An update on my health...

I am so sorry that I haven't updated my blog in almost a week. I've been down with my neck/shoulder/back and OY have I been hurtin'. :(

I'm not really sure what I did to trigger it but when I was doing an exercise at the gym I ended up pulling something...or at least that's what it felt like. But did I slow down? Nope! I kept on going and then later paid the price...ACK!

I have basically been suffering from neck spasms and my shoulder feels like the bones are grinding on each other and it hurts down into the middle of my back, too. I did go see a chiropractor 2x this last week and I really think that it helped to relieve a lot of the pressure. I'm currently taking ibuprofen 3x a day as well as some heavier meds to relax my muscles and also take away some of the discomfort. Most of my pain comes at night when I can't find a comfortable position to sleep in and I end up wandering the house because standing is my only decent position...UGH!

I'm hoping to get back into the gym soon but for the time being my doctor wants me to lay off all exercising...especially anything that has to do with my abs or arms. I'm hoping to be on the mend soon and back in the gym sometime in April. *fingers are crossed*

Thank to everyone that has left me get well msgs on Facebook and in my inbox. I truly appreciate it. :)

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~
Visit my main website
Visit my other blog

0 comments: