Wednesday, February 11, 2009

How to eat a salad

A Dieting Tip: How to eat a salad and experience success.

When you're at a restaurant and faced with all of the yummy salad options here are a few things to keep in mind.

Try to order the salad that is not loaded up with lots of things that your body doesn't need...such as tons of blue cheese, meats, cheese, croutons, etc. While these are always yummy you need to eat these things in moderation and unfortunately the restaurants seem to always specialize in oversized portions.

If you're tempted, like me, to eat some of the yummier salads what I do is I always order the salad with the dressing on the side so that I can dip my fork in it, enjoy 3-4 bites, redip, repeat. After a while you will start to like your salads not completely drenched in salad dressing.

Another thing you can do is to pack your own salad dressing in your purse...such as the salad spritzer style ones.

Try splitting the salad with your friend or order a 1/2 sized salad and try not to worry that the better deal is to get the large salad. Who cares! Save the $2 and save your waistline too! :)

Give these a try and let me know how you like them. :)

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~
Visit my main website
Visit my other blog

0 comments: