Monday, December 15, 2008

We braved the icy roads & worked up a sweat?

An update for:
Monday, December 15th, 2008

Dear Blog Journal,
If braving the icy roads in order to get my rear into the gym isn't dedication than I'm not really sure what is! LOL I did enjoy a great workout today, though, AND as gross as this sounds...*whispering*...I even sweated a little bit. (Shhhhh!) LOL I usually don't push myself THAT hard but today's workout was all around enjoyable and well worth the extra effort. ;)

Aaron did the driving through the ice to get us to class on time today - always a plus! The major story, though, was that I wasn't such an unsociable wall flower today. Woohoo! I'm usually such a shy person in class because I don't know anyone (something I really need to try to conquer), but today Tina (the gym owner) came up to me and started talking to me about one of my passions that she read about on my main blog - CUPCAKES! LOL

It just so happens that the owner of one of the local cupcake stores (Saint Cupcake which I haven't officially tried yet!) works out at Recreate-Fitness where I have been working out for the past month. Cool and YUM! So it was neat that I actually got to meet Jami (the Cupcake store owner) and we enjoyed a great conversation about cupcakes. I also found out that all of the recipes were passed down by her Grandmother! Sweet! :) Plus, for anyone else that was paying attention in class they got to see a different side of me...my smiley side! LOL That must've been a SHOCKER for everyone! ;)

Here is what we did for the Workout:
Skill was: 6 rounds
  • 5 - double kettlebell clean and press (15 lbs x 2)
  • 5 - weighted pull-ups (2 sets and then switched to 3 sets ring rows)
  • 8 - cross chop to halo (20 lbs)
Workout was: 5 rounds Partner workout
  • 1 minute of rowing for Calories
  • 1 minute of ball slams (I did 110 with a 12 lb ball)
*Combined total calories rowed and number of ball slams for score: 313!

My food intake:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup Oatmeal with 1 pk. Kashi hot cereal w/ 1 scoop Glutamine & 3/4 scoop Max Pro Vanilla, 1 oz Max Ultra 100 Vitamins
Snack: 1 mini Gingerbread cupcake from Cupcake Jones
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Chicken Enchilada
Other: 4 oz MonaVie
Snack: String Cheese
Dinner: Harvest Vegetable Soup from Panera
Snack: Tall N/F Pumpkin Spice Latte no whip & 1/2 of a 1.5 oz bag of Almond M&Ms
Water intake: 8oz - very low for the day. :(

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~

0 comments: