Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I ran around the block!

An update for:
Tuesday, December 30th, 2008

Dear Blog Journal,
Another good day! I made it to my workout...I was even looking forward to going in! Of course after today I'm now looking forward to my day of rest whish will be tomorrow...LOL! :)

I surprised myself today by choosing to run around the block instead of rowing as part of the warm-up and the cool thing was that I actually ran the whole way without stopping. Woohoo me!! I didn't like the feeling of all the cold air in my chest afterwards, though, so that made it a little bit harder for me to recover...at least that's what I'm blaming it on at the moment - ha!

The other thing that I did that is something to take note of was to almost make myself sick from doing the side to side jumps...OY! After each round my stomach was churnin' a little bit but I worked through it without any incidents. WHEW!

In just a couple of days I will be coming forward with some workout goals for the New Year. Being that I'm so new to this whole fitness thing I'm really not sure what I should be focusing on, yet. Both Nathan and Tina have told me what they think my fitness goals should be and I am definitely going to take their advice into consideration as I make my concrete goals. So stay tuned for those...I'm hoping to have those posted on January 1st. :)

Here is what we did for the Workout:
Skill was: 3 rounds
  • 10 - weighted push-ups (I did girl pushups)
  • 5-8 Dips (I did 5)
  • 30 second L-sit
Workout was: 3 rounds of 45 sec w/ 15 sec. rests - 90 second rests in between rounds
  • Double KB Cleans
  • Renegade Lounges
  • Side to Side Jumps
  • Cross Chop to Halo
  • Planks / Push-ups
EXTRA at home: 20 sec. row 10 sec. rest (5x), same with jumprope

My food intake:
Breakfast: 1/4 cup Oatmeal with 1 pk. Kashi hot cereal w/ 1 scoop Glutamine & 3/4 scoop Max Pro Vanilla, 1 oz Max Ultra 100 Vitamins
Snack:
Lunch: Tuna English Muffin and String Cheese
Other: 4 oz MonaVie
Snack: Max Gourmet "Hot Chocolate" w/ 1 scooop Glutamine
Dinner: Chicken Mexacali (slow cooker meal)
Snack:
Water intake: 48 oz

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~

0 comments: