Sunday, November 23, 2008

My 7 days of THANKS countdown - #4!

Isn't that the cutest little picture? :) I'm half tempted to pull out a sharpie and draw them on my fingers today, too. LOL

...OK, I'm excited to share today's Thoughtful with you since #4 is my very favorite number and today's thankful is one of my most very favorite things to do! That alone makes it very fitting to show off a "smile" as one of the things that I am most Thankful for, don't you agree? ;) Here's why...

I love to smile, plain and simple.
A smile is something that is free, you can give it out to anyone at any time and its also one of the most heartwarming gifts you can receive from someone...even a complete stranger. A smile can come in many shapes and styles and can be interpreted in many different ways: A caring smile from a family member, a heartwarming smile from a friend, a courteous smile from a stranger, and even an emoticon style smile on the computer to help bring emotion and expression to all your emails. Here are a few examples of some emoticons that you can use...

:)
:D
*smiles*
"smile"
*iSmile* (for MAC users...lol!)

A smile just makes everyone warm inside, wouldn't you agree? It helps to boost self esteem, it encourages confidence in others, and it helps to spread love and warmth wherever it is goes. :)

So your challenge today is to share 10 smiles with people today whether it be a family member, a friend, a stranger, or even in an email across the miles to let someone know that you are thinking about them. Then, take an inner note on how it makes you feel. Does it warm your heart? Does it put an extra pep in your step? ...Once you start yourself on the path of more smiles I promise that you won't want to quit. I mean come on...is it that often when you see me not wearing mine? *smile*

~*Stampily Yours*~ Shannon Buck! :)~

1 comments:

Lorrie said...

;0) You are such an inspiration!