Thursday, January 8, 2009

On my way to being stronger...

An update for:
Thursday, January 8th, 2009

Dear Blog Journal,
Ok, so while I hope I don't look anything like Olive Oyl I just couldn't resist posting this picture of her because I do feel kind of like her in a way...super tall with little muscle bumps on my arms. LOL

It was another hard day at the gym, but again, very worth it. I can definitely tell that I'm getting stronger when it comes to certain exercises and that is so inspiring! My form on some of the exercises is improving, too, which means less chance of me hurting myself...always a good thing! I also think that my back/shoulder muscles are getting stronger which I hope will prevent any more back/shoulder pain issues like I had this past summer that kept me down for 3 weeks. :(

We did some rowing today and afterwards one of the other girls looked at my rowing stats and was blown away at how well I did for the little amount of time that I've been going to the gym. I, personally, didn't think I did anything out of the ordinary but according to her she said that my time blows a lot of the other girls away. Hmmm. I hardly think so but then again I really don't know for sure, either. LOL I do like rowing so I'm hoping that I can improve in this department. I guess time will tell!

Here is what we did for the Workout:
Skill was:
  • Med. Ball Circuit x2
  • 15 pushups 2x
Workout was: (taken from Aaron's blog because I don't remember. LOL!)

WOD Grind
  • Wheel thingie - Pike (4 rounds)
  • Wheel thingie - Leg Curls? (4 rounds)
  • 3 Turkish get ups, each side (2 rounds)
  • 10 KB Plank Rows - 12.5 lb each side (2 rounds)
  • Double KB Deadlifts - (2) 20 lb (4 rounds)
  • Row 250m (4 rounds)
I really should start taking a picture of each workout with my iPhone so that I'll remember. LOL

My food intake:
Snack: 1/2 Banana
Breakfast: 1/4 cup Oatmeal with 1 pk. Kashi hot cereal w/ 1 scoop Glutamine & 3/4 scoop Max Pro Vanilla, 1 oz Max Ultra 100 Vitamins
Snack:
Lunch: Lean Cuisine Chicken Alfredo
Other: 4 oz MonaVie
Snack: 1 Scoop Max Gourmet "hot Chocolate w/ 1 scoop Glutamine
Dinner: Salmon, Rice, Broccoli & Cheese
Snack: Homemade Jalapeno Bread - YUM!
Water intake: 40 oz or so

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~
Visit my main website
Visit my other blog

0 comments: