Monday, December 15, 2008

Lets catch you up to speed...

Yes, the rumors are true! *gasp*

This Starbucks lovin', Cupcake grubbin' chick use to be a fatty... uh-huh, it's true! *UGH* But that's before something called "will-power" and "competitiveness" kicked into gear and helped me go from fat to PHAT in no time flat! ;) Hence the basis for my new little blog that I'm officially starting TODAY - December 15th, 2008 - called "A Little on My Lips..." - clever, eh? ;)

In a nutshell, my journey began in September 2007 when I joined Weight Watchers (WW) with my Mom. Then, just 1 week later I attended the Close To My Heart (CTMH) Regionals Event in Seattle, WA which marks the last destination for which many of my friends would see me for almost a year! :) (In the picture to the left is a picture of me with my friends Amy and Pam enjoying martinis on our CTMH earned Alaskan Cruise in March 2007! - I just couldn't bring myself to show a fattier picture - LOL ...sorry!)

As projected by WW I needed to lose approximately 80 lbs to get to my "Target" goal weight and as of this morning (and after not making very smart eating choices this past weekend, I might add!) I have officially lost 70 lbs with only 10 more to go. YIPPEE!! At one point I was down to only needing to lose 6 lbs but with the winter months in high gear, stress, and the holidays, its always a little tougher to stick whole-heartily to the plan...and I'm OK with that, at least for now! ;)

So, this past summer I had the opportunity to attend my 20 year High School Reunion OR the CTMH Convention being held in Orlando, Florida. After a very hard decision I decided to head to Florida to be with my CTMH friends and to better my business. I hadn't told anyone that I had been dieting so when I got there I pretty much found out that NO ONE recognized me! LOL It was very fun to see their reactions as well as very humbling and motivating all at the same time. Everyone wanted to know my "secret to success" and at that time the only thing I had done was change my eating habits. But, fast forward to NOW and I have added exercise into my life, as well...a huge step for me considering I've never been athletic or one that tends to embrace exercise.

So, what exactly is this blog about? This blog is more like a journal for myself but also an open window for my readers to see what I'm eating each day (both good and bad!), see my improvements with exercise, and to discover some yummy recipes that are not only good for you but also taste great as well - that's very important! So with that, lets get this blog underway, shall we? :)

Determined to look fine in 2009 -
~Shannon ;)~

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Lookin' fine in 2009...hmmmm...I like that! ;)
I'm there with you...Wes' deployment to Afghanistan really set me back and I am SOOOO frustrated/aggravated w/myself for allowing it to set me back!!! UGGGHHH..but I'm back on track w/MOMENTUM!!!! :)

Melanie said...

Oh, and congrats on 70 pounds gone!!! That's AWESOME!!!!

Jan said...

I am so proud of what you have accomplished. You are beautiful.
Love, mom