Friday, November 21, 2008

My 7 days of THANKS Countdown - #6

#6 - I love experiencing each Season of the year.

First off, Close To My Heart has the most BEAUTIFUL stamp set called Four Seasons (B1319) but because my day was so filled with other things I, unfortunately, didn't have time to make something with that stamp set to illustrate the beauty of each Season. :( I'll try to do that soon, though, and share with you what I made...sound good? :)

Obviously it's FALL right now and we are heading into Thanksgiving...which is really what my "Thankful List" is all about. However, I love fall because the days are crisp here in the Northwest, the leaves are colorful - I especially like the fire-red trees...or Cranberry colored leaves if you are talking in Close To My Heart terms (LOL!), I love crackin' out the heavier blankets and the warmer jammies (like my new cupcake ones!), but mostly I love fall because its when Starbucks cracks out their festive red holiday cups to signal that the holidays are quickly approaching...*hehehe*. I know, CRAZY! But I just can't get enough of the Pumpkin Spice Lattes this time of year...its like cozying up with an old friend. ;)~ (So if any of you want to send me a Starbucks Gift Card for Christmas...LOL...I'm just saying.). ;)

Moving on into Winter...everything is bare. I think Winter is my least favorite of the seasons because anyone that knows me knows that I HATE to be cold. I do think, however, that if its going to get THAT cold we should at least have a foot of snow on the ground to show for it...LOL. But in the location where I live we just don't get enough by my standards. Oh well. At least its exciting when we do get some...and at least we got some on Christmas Day last year. That was very memorable.

Spring is a fun time of year because I love it when the Cherry Blossom trees are in full bloom and the weather is warming up. Spring is full of new life such as new baby animals, buds in bloom, and even romance and the opportunity for new "firsts". :) Spring is just such an inspiring time of the year and everyone seems to be a lot happier with life in general.

But Summer...Summer is my favorite season of all! I Love Summer because of all the hot weather around me, the endless summer days, BBQ's and picnics, the Caramel Frapps at Starbucks, flip-flops, sunbathing, and even my Birthday! :) Yup, Summer is the best season of them all. :)

Hope you're enjoying a wonderful Fall day. :)

~*Stampily Yours*~ Shannon Buck! :)~

1 comments:

amcgrew said...

I love the seaons, as well, Shannon! I don't think I have one that I can call my favorite. I love to experience them all! And once it is nearing the end of one season I get excited for the next one to arrive!

SMiles,
Amy